BOOK RESERVATIONS FOR OUR TOURS EASILY AND CONVENIENTLY ONLINE AND GET SIGNIFICANT DISCOUNTS
The sighting period for whale sharks is from mid-May to mid-September, approximately.
Whale sharks do not share any common traits with whales, except for their size and for the fact that they only eat tiny plankton collected by wide opened mouth. They usually feed on or slightly below the surface. They feed by filtering small plankton organisms through their gills.
Whale sharks are viviparous animals, and their young offspring are often seen swimming along the elders. Whale sharks are very docile and kind, and are not scared when approached by scuba divers and swimmers.
Our schedule and tour:
- Pick-up at hotels
- Boat departs from Puerto Juárez at 8 am, approximately
- Quick snack before boarding, and instructions on our program for the day
- Journey to the sighting area, approximately 45 minutes
- Search for whale sharks until 1 pm
- When we find them, we’ll jump into the water in pairs, 10 minutes each. Each pair will dive 3 or 4 times. The guide will accompany each immersion.
- We’ll have this on the boat during the journey: Beverages (water and soft drinks), 1 chicken sandwich, snorkeling equipment
- On our way back, we’ll stop at Isla Mujeres, where we’ll enjoy shrimp ceviche
- Arriving back at Puerto Juárez around 4 pm
- We’ll board transportation to return to our hotels.
- Maritime federal tax not included, paid upon boarding the boat. All other things not mentioned in this description are not included either.
- USD 10 surcharge per person from some hotels.
Recommendations: towel and swimming suit, biodegradable sunblock, extra t-shirt, flip-flops or sandals, and sunglasses.
Don`t forget to ask about our discount program. If you book 2 tours you save 10%, and if you book 3 tours you save 15% (Not parks included, just received 10% off). Contact our live chat for more information.
*Discounts per person. Restrictions apply. Prices subject to change without notice.
Time of departure. Depends on your hotel’s location. Approximately 7 in the morning.
For further information, view all prices here
* Children (0-2 years of age, free of charge)
*To see prices in different currencies, click here